We welcome full research papers, research in progress, and discussion papers. Full papers should be up to 6 pages long (max 5000 words), including the abstract and appendices. Discussion papers may be short (up to 4 pages), but should clearly and distinctly address one or more issues pertinent to Smart City research including research methods and quality as well as focus of studies. Papers should be designed to support in-depth discussions of one of these issues during the workshop. Although it is a half-day event, the workshop papers will be clustered and each session will discuss a small set of papers focusing on similar or related issues.
The accepted papers will be included in the companion volume of WWW2015’s proceeding, which will be published by ACM and included in the ACM Digital Library.
All submitted papers must be:
- written in English;
- contain author names, affiliations, and email addresses;
- be formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings template (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates) with a font size no smaller than 9pt;
- be in .doc/.docx and PDF (make sure that the PDF can be viewed on any platform);
- formatted for US Letter size, but excluding references;
- occupy no more than six pages, including the abstract, references, and appendices
It is the authors responsibility to ensure that their submissions adhere strictly to the required format.
Submissions that do not comply with the above guidelines may be rejected without review.
All submissions must be entered into the reviewing system. Each submission will be reviewed by the workshop co-chairs and at least one external reviewer. More details regarding WWW2015 conference can be found on http://www.www2015.it/
Extended version of accepted articles are possible to be selected and included in a special issue with relevant theme of the following journals:
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ELECTRONIC GOVERNMENT RESEARCH (IJEGR) (http://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-electronic-government-research/1091)
- SPRINGER JOURNAL OF INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP: A SYSTEMS VIEW ACROSS TIME AND SPACE (JIE) (http://www.innovation-entrepreneurship.com/)
- SPRINGER JOURNAL OF THE KNOWLEDGE ECONOMY (JKEC) (http://www.springer.com/economics/policy/journal/13132)
Accepted refereed papers, must be presented at the conference by an author who is registered to attend. Please be aware that the WWW 2015 organizers will require at least one registration per paper published in either the main Proceedings or in the Companion volume. At the time of submission of the final camera-ready copy, authors will have to indicate the already registered person for that publication. We strongly encourage at least one author of every paper to register by the early-bird deadline so that session chairs can make plans for its presentation.
Please submit your papers (in .doc/docx and .pdf format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “AW4city proposal”
Details of the programme will be made available online.
Submissions due: Jan 20, 2015 (23:59 Hawaii Standard Time)
Notification of Acceptance: Feb 18, 2015.
Workshop authors’ registration and camera-ready papers: Mar 4, 2015
Workshop day: May 18, 2015
For any questions, please contact: the Workshop chairs:
Leonidas ANTHOPOULOS, Associate Professor, TEI of Thessaly, Greece, email@example.com
Marijn JANSSEN, Professor, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, M.F.W.H.A.Janssen@tudelft.nl
Vishanth WEERAKKODY, Professor, Brunel Business School, Brunel University London Uxbridge, United Kingdom, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Committee Members (tentative)
- Arthur Riel, The World Bank, Washington, U.S.A.
- Cristina Maria Bueti, International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Advisor of ITU-T Study Group 5 “Environment and Climate Change”
- Christopher G. Reddick, The University of Texas at San Antonio, U.S.A.
- Markus Rittenbruch, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Yi Zhang, UCSC, USA
- Flora Salim, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- Michael Sachs, Zentrum für E-Governance, Donau-Universitat Krems.
- Stephen Cohen, Microsoft, USA
- Nikolaos Mavridis, NCFSR DEMOKRITOS, Greece
- Alois Paulin, TUWien, Vienna, Austria.
- Panos Fitsilis, TEI of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece.
- Gordon Feller, CISCO, USA.